Entrada Handlebar Bag
Entrada Handlebar Bag
NOTE: we have changed the handlebar straps to a much simpler design. The video still shows the old straps.
The Entrada is our full-size, full-featured handlebar bag, built for use on rugged terrain. We make it in versions for both flat and drop handlebars.
- No bounce or movement on even the roughest trails
- Easy access pocket for on-the-go use
- Keeps gear weight close to the steering axis for ideal handling
- Extremely durable, waterproof and water-resistant materials - more details here.
"When packed well and cinched down tight, the Entrada feels like it’s glued to the handlebars. The fact that it’s also compressed means it retains its shape really nicely, even after a day of rough riding." -Cass Gilbert, bikepacking.com
BEDROCK ORIGINAL TECH
- Lateral compression straps = firmer bag structure; circa 2012
- Over-bar radial compression straps = rock-solid ride on any trail; circa 2012
- Roll-top pocket = water stays out, easy access to gear; circa 2014
The Entrada is a precisely crafted piece of equipment that not only looks great, but is extremely durable and works like nothing else. Key to its functionality is a well-designed inner bag for your gear, paired with a pocket that doubles as a radial cinch system, compressing the whole bag to the handlebar and making it rock solid on any trail you feel comfortable riding down. Lots of well-designed small details make for a sleek system overall; double-sided access with lateral compression strap closures, velcro closures on the ends for easier packing, a highly abrasion-resistant wear patch under the brake levers and shifters - all details that matter. The pocket attaches to the bar separately so that when you have the radial compression straps unclipped for loading/unloading the main bag, the pocket stays in place. The Entrada is even designed so that should you break a strap somewhere on your bikepacking kit and need an emergency strap, you can remove one of the lateral compression straps for use elsewhere and still close the main bag securely. The roll-top pocket is exceedingly water resistant and easy to access.
The Entrada is a two-piece system that must be used in its entirety to work properly. Made of waterproof materials with the main seam on the bottom for extreme water resistance.
Weight: 427 grams / 15.0oz.
Dimensions: The Flat Bar Entrada's main bag is approximately 6.5" in diameter, is 19" wide when closed, and has approximately 13 liters capacity including the pocket.
The Drop Bar version is shorter in width and larger in diameter (~17" wide when closed and 7.5" in diameter, about the same capacity) to better make use of the space between the drops on bikes such as the Salsa Fargo, etc.
Either version can be rolled down narrower than the above measurements if desired. Made in Colorado, USA.
The Entrada works with almost any handlebar setup, although extremely narrow bars can be challenging or impossible to work with.
The Flat Bar version requires 6.5" between the tire and handlebar; the Drop Bar requires 7.5".
The Entrada is not compatible with center-pull (cantilever) brakes; bikes such as Niner's Air 9 hardtail, that have the shift cables protruding directly from the head tube badge, won't work with handlebar bags either.
For use with the Jones Loop bar or the Surly Moloko bar, order the Drop Bar Entrada, as it fits better between the brake lever position on these bars.
HOW TO USE
As with most bikepacking gear, the Entrada depends on its contents to define its shape and ride quality. Stuffable items (clothing, tents, bivys, sleeping bags, etc) work best. If you do place other items in the main bag you can wrap them in soft goods to mute their edges and make them more packable. Pack tightly and don't be afraid to use the compression straps - they are there to be cinched down!
For installation instructions (very important!), watch the video above (NOTE: we have changed the handlebar straps to a much simpler design. The video still shows the old straps.)
1) Load the Entrada's main bag - stuffable items work best. Roll down tightly and clip each end into the lateral compression straps that run across the front and rear of the bag.
2) Push all cables/hoses EXCEPT the front brake hose up to the bottom of the handlebar. Place the loaded Entrada main bag under the cables/hoses/bar and strap into place. The front brake hose will run over the front of the bag. (Your cables/hoses may need to be routed differently, but this is the method we've found works best.)
3) Place the Entrada pocket over the front brake hose and velcro into place on the handlebar. Clip the pocket compression straps all the way around the handlebar and main bag, and compress.
4) Go ride!
WHAT’S IN A NAME?
Many of our products are named after geologic layers. "en-TRA-da" - a sandstone formation prominent in southeast Utah, one of our favorite places.
FREE domestic shipping on orders over $249! For shipping details, click here.